APF Properties is aggressively pursuing environmentally sustainable practices across its portfolio and can back up this commitment with the, following six accomplishments:
- Obtaining Energy Star certification for 100% of the buildings in its portfolio.
- Securing LEED Certification for Existing Buildings at 1601 Market Street – the first office building in Philadelphia to obtain this distinction.
- Subsequently 1601 Market Street’s LEED certification was increased to the Silver level in 2015. This was the second SILVER LEED status achieved for an APF Properties managed building.
- Attaining Gold LEED Certification for the Club Row Building at 28 West 44th Street in 2014 — one of only four Class B prewar buildings in Manhattan to achieve this distinguished level.
- Developing and operating two solar photovoltaic installations of over 1 Megawatts each at its suburban assets.
- Achieving as much as 30% energy savings at 1601 Market Street and 50% water usage savings at 286 Madison Avenue.
APF Properties has dedicated significant resources toward becoming a leader in solar and sustainable building practices among commercial real estate companies, and continues to be active in other market-leading green initiatives. Our rationale to aggressively pursue an environmentally sustainable strategy across the APF Portfolio is fourfold:
- It creates a healthier and more attractive work environment for our tenants — thereby increasing their productivity.
- It sends a message out to tenants that ownership is proactive and our properties are well maintained.
- It reduces our energy and water consumption therefore lowering operating expenses — a benefit for tenant and investors.
- It reduces our carbon and water footprint — contributing to a more competitively positioned U.S. and a better world.